The raffle has ended. The prize draw took place on 29th January. The list of winning tickets can be viewed below.
On Russian Old New Year’s Eve Gift of Life launches a charity raffle to help save children’s lives
Just £15 a ticket for your chance to win amazing prizes and help children beat cancer.
Gift of Life’s mission is to ensure children and young adults with cancer or haematological disease in Russia can receive the most effective and modern medical care, and non-medical support.
Since 2011 Gift of Life has become a major force providing better access to medicines and treatment for young cancer patients in Russian clinics. And with every ticket bought you’ll be supporting our life-saving work for children and young people battling cancer and other dangerous diseases.
Enter today and for just £15 you could help children like Arseniy continue receiving life-saving medication that is not available in the country.
10-year-old Arseniy from Tiraspol is undergoing complex treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia at the Russian Children’s Clinical Hospital in Moscow.? In October he developed a complication – invasive aspergillosis, fungal infection of the lungs. To recover, Arseniy was prescribed Cresemba, a highly expensive anti-fungal drug unavailable in Russia.
Thanks to the support of our wonderful donors, Gift of Life provided him with this vital medicine from Germany. Arseniy now continues to receive cancer treatment and has hope for the future recovery. Children in our care need expensive drugs every day and taking part in a charity raffle is a wonderful way to help them. Enter now to save more lives like Arseniy’s.
1st prize – Priceless
Touched by the hand of history
A seven-volume collection of “The History of the Russian State” by Boris Akunin (in Russian), each copy signed and stamped by the author.
2nd prize – ‘Money-can’t-buy’
VIP-experience at Russian Film Week
Two VIP-invitations to the red carpet opening premiere of the next Russian Film Week in one of London’s top cinemas, including prime seating at the screening, after-party attendance, meeting with the organisers and bespoke film recommendations.
3rd prize – Worth £450
Contemporary Art Tour/Online Consultation
Private art tour around the best galleries in London’s East End or a personalised online talk/consultation on “A to Z of Contemporary Art” suitable for the whole family.
An expert with ten years’ experience, Olga Ovenden will help you to discover this fascinating world for yourself.
4th prize – Worth £300
Every parent’s dream
Three-months membership at Arbuzz Lectures children’s readings and discussions club (Under The Blanket). Including an exclusive private theatrical reading of a book in Russian chosen by your child.
5th prize – Worth £150
Ultimate Russian gourmet experience
Dinner for two at ZIMA Russian Restaurant in London, including infusions tasting.
6th prize – Worth £150
Spruce up your tree
Three-piece set of Russian hand-made Christmas tree decorations in vintage style.
Closing date: Thursday 28th January 2021
Draw date: Friday 29th January 2021
Taking part couldn’t be easier
– Each entry is just £15 – the more entries you buy the better chance you have of winning our wonderful prizes, including money-can’t-buy items and experiences.
– All entries and payments should be made at Charity Hive on or before Thursday 28th January 2021 to ensure you are in the draw which will take place on Friday 29th January 2021.
– Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw. A list of winning ticket numbers will be made available on this page within 7 days of the draw.
We would like to extend our sincere thank you to everyone who entered the Old New Year’s charity raffle.
The winning ticket IDs can be found below:
1st Prize – GIFTOFLIFE390
2nd Prize – GIFTOFLIFE186
3rd Prize – GIFTOFLIFE351
4th Prize – GIFTOFLIFE69
5th Prize – GIFTOFLIFE278
6th Prize – GIFTOFLIFE136
Huge thanks to all raffle participants for helping children beat cancer!
Prizes terms and conditions
Prize 1: Delivery is included for UK addresses only. For other destinations, the delivery is to be covered by the winner.
Prize 2: The timeline and schedule of Russian Film Week 2021 to be discussed directly with the organisers. Gift of Life isn’t the event owner and holds no responsibility over the dates of the opening ceremony and subsequent events. A meeting with the organisers will be held prior to the festival.
Prize 3: The tour is up to 4 people; online consultation is 1.5 hrs. The dates to be arranged directly with the tour organiser.
Prize 4: i) the three-months online-membership (for three months period from the date of activation and not longer then 31.12.2021) and ii) Exclusive reading of a book chosen by your child (in Russian or in English, book should not be longer than 50-60 pages) by our professional actors. The second part of the prize should be redeemed between February 2021 and February 2022.
Prize 5: To be redeemed within 1 calendar year from the draw date. Gift of Life holds no responsibility for Zima Russain Restaurant post-COVID reopening dates and booking restrictions. Table to be booked in advance directly with the venue.
Prize 6: Delivery is included for UK addresses only. For other destinations, the delivery is to be covered by the winner.
- No cash prizes are provided as an alternative.
- To purchase raffle tickets online entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- Money raised by this raffle will support the programme work of Gift of Life, registered charity number 1140638.
- Gift of Life is registered as a small society lottery Promoter
- Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to Gift of Life.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize down to the last one.
- Where the Promoter is unable to contact a prize winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following the first attempt to notify the prize winner, the Promoter may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
For more information please see the Ts&Cs at Charity Hive.